03 April 2007

Progress!




This past weekend was great, as my finished projects actually outnumbered the unfinished, long-forgotten projects for once!

I finally started (and finished!) the garterlac dishcloth I've been thinking about for the last two months.



And a close-up:



I learned that the garterlac was a lot of fun, but also a bit time consuming and frankly, a couple of times my mind wandered and I got lost in the knitting with all the turns, slipped stitches and passes. At first, I was a bit afraid to frog parts of it, but I realized that the joy of picking up stitches means you can frog without being afraid of unravelling everything!

I've got three swaps on the burner for craftster right now. I've almost finished one of them--just have to put on the final touches and run them off to the post office. I have taken pictures but I won't post until my partners receive.

Mom: your presents will be in the mail this week! Maybe tomorrow?

No comments: