11 August 2008

Falling for Ewe Autumn Yarn Swap

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?

I have been knitting for over 10 years, but only seriously for about the last two. I don't crochet well enough to call it a skill.

Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do?

Yes, I've been spinning since November, though not as often as I'd like (though hopefully that will change). I tend to stick to wool, worsted weight yarns. I like single ply yarns but I'll ply 'em, too.

Are there any other crafts that you participate in?

I dye and card my own fiber, and occasionally sell it on Etsy. I make melt and pour soaps, but that's about all.

What are your favorite yarns/fibers?

I love any wool or alpaca. Squishy yarns are always good. Mmmalabrigo, of course, but I also really like scratchier wools like Peace Fleece.

What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers?


I don't like acrylic or novelty yarns.


Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance?

Yes--I'd love to try Socks that Rock/Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Malabrigo Organic Cotton, or any Green Mountain Spinnery yarns.

What are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?

I have a lot of sweaters/tops/shrugs in my queue, but I'm usually a smaller project type of person. Hats, mittens, socks, even. I'm going to finish some sweaters.. yes, yes I am.

What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to start this autumn?

I'm currently working on some top-secret swap packages, but I'm also trying to find time to make a pair of "Squirrel and Oak" mittens for myself, as well as catch up on some of my Ravelry queue.

What is your favorite FO? (Please, post a picture if you would like.)

I am really happy with the Noro tam I made for a previous swap--picture's below somewhere.

What is your oldest UFO?

That damn Buttony sweater. I am trying to delay frogging it.

Are there any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn?

I'd like to learn to steek, only because the more I stare at Ysolda Teague's new cardigan pattern, the more I think that maybe I need to learn to do it. But it puts a pit at the bottom of my stomach.

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. I have tiny feet--size 7-ish.

Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift?


Yes, both.

Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks?

I keep my circulars (Denise and loose Addis) in a basket, all my bamboo single points in a needle roll and my DPNs in a jar.

Do you collect anything?

I collect garden gnomes, but I'm also trying really hard to limit the amount of stuff I bring home. (Is it possible to collect nothing-ness?)

What is your favorite type of music? Are you MP3 ready?

Sadly, I don't really keep up with music like I used to. I like Iron and Wine, Mice Parade, Boards of Canada, Mouse on Mars, Mum. But, I listed to Old Time Radio more now--particularly the suspense shows.

Do you like sweets? What are your favorites?

Yes, but I'm more of a salty person.

What is your living situation like? Any pets? Children?

My living situation? I am married and I have a cat and a dog. We live outside town limits, nestled away from busy streets. We're not far out enough to get lost in the world, but far enough that people like to pretend they can't get here. No children. And that's not likely to change.

Are you allergic to anything?

Nothing that would be important.

Do you have an online wish list (Amazon, Etsy, Loopy Ewe, etc.)?


Not anything that's updated enough to count.

Are you having a birthday during this swap?

No.

What is your Ravelry ID?

lapoli

No comments: