29 November 2008

Knitting Goals 2009



We celebrated Buy Nothing Day by a trip to our local thrift store. In addition to the 5 wool (1 cashmere!) sweaters, we found these vintage sewing books. I think they'll be perfect for J's clothing modification projects.

I've started thinking about knitting for 2009. With all the hats I've been making, I'm itching to start something more challenging and interesting, though I feel that, in fairness, I shouldn't start on anything until after holiday knitting is over.

So, here's my preliminary list of what I'd like to knit in 2009:

*Hemlock Ring Blanket by Brooklyn Tweed
*Kusha Kusha Scarf by Habu Textiles
*Myrtle Leaf Shawl from Victorian Lace Today by Jane Sowerby
*sweater for J, possibly the Woven Bands Pullover in the new IK or Smokin' (another Brooklyn Tweed)

I think that's enough at the moment. I know this won't be all, or it could change, but this is what I'm thinking of now.

2 comments:

becka said...

Oh wow, that Hemlock ring blanket is ridiculously beautiful! He is too clever!

Thanks for your sweet blog comment, I am thinking of baby knits...but something that isn't going to overheat the poor boy in an Australian summer!

zeliaevora said...

ah1 whta envy... i neve find anything that great at any thrift store here:(