05 June 2008

As usual, I can't share a lot of what I've been working on, but I will share these two small, tasty bits of fiber heaven:

"Verd"igo - 1.5oz mill end wool batt



and "Underwater Treasure", 1.7oz mill end and firestar batt



I'm using the next two days off work to really keep my dye pots busy and I'm in the middle of processing my first raw fleece! It's a Babydoll Southdown fleece from Puddles, via the description a "curious" creature who apparently likes to roll around in the dirt. And other stuff. (I'm leaving descriptions out) The fleece is on its third wash and slowly looking more like fluffy wool and less like Puddles' 3 am party. I got the fleece from .

I've got lots of spinning in the queue. Lots finished, too, but I'm waiting for various packages to arrive in their new homes before plastering the pictures here.

In the next week, I hope to finish up a pair of quick-knit socks and get started on some other projects. We'll see. :)

No comments: