28 June 2008

Entirely Overdue!

Q's leg has seemingly completely healed itself. It's a good thing I'll never have children--I don't think I'm designed to handle the worry. I've been sneaking in some glucosamine and chondroitin and I think it's helped. He's up to his usual self.

The most exciting thing that's happened is that it's actually VACATION time. The word seems almost foreign to me. Vacation. To be honest, I'm so utterly exhausted that it has yet to full sink in. Vacation... No work until July 7th!

I woke up early this morning and ran to the farmer's market to pick up my CSA box. With the weather being so strange (lots of rain, no rain, 90s-100s, 80s), I think the harvest has been equally odd. This week, we had a bag of deliciously ripe tomatoes, a bag of green tomatoes, red/white/blue potatoes, a pint of cherry tomatoes and a big huge bag of basil.

I also spent the morning at the Hillsborough Yarn Shop. HYS is such a cute store. Great yarn, always friendly. It may be my current favorite (or, perhaps, it's my infrequent visits that make me really appreciate it). She's got a great selection of yarn--Noro, Debbie Bliss, Malabrigo (swoon!), Rio de la Plata, Dream in Color, Manos... it goes on and on. I spent a huge chunk of time in there this morning, but I did manage to score the second and third volumes of Norah Gaughan's Berroco patterns. I am especially in love with Violette-le-duc , Veil and Porthos.

In actual knitting news (and not just dreaming-of-knitting news), I received my first package from my secret pal on Ravelry! She sent several things, but one of the most exciting parts was a skein of the new(ish) Noro Kuryeon Sock yarn!





I really like the Ziggy sock pattern from the new Knitty and this is exactly what I need to be able to cast on!

I've been working on a lot of projects, but as usual, it's not quite time to share them. Tour de Fleece starts in about a week; I've been working on figuring out exactly what I'm setting aside to spin over the next couple of weeks.

No comments: